In this Advanced Adobe InDesign Training class, students will learn advanced tips, tricks, and techniques for publishing with InDesign in a 2-day, hands-on, instructor-led course. This Advanced Adobe InDesign training course will expand on the concepts in Introduction course, and will cover best practices and additional features.
- Learn how to insert special characters, create a heading that straddles columns, and create and format a drop cap.
- Adjust spacing between letters, words, and lines; set tabs, and create ruling lines that are attached to paragraphs.
- Create paragraph, character, object, table, and cell styles, and see how they all work together.
- Gain a better understanding of how graphics from Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are integrated in InDesign; learn how the links to the images are maintained, updated, and managed.
- Learn the best practices for editing images using Photoshop and Illustrator after they have been placed in InDesign.
- Learn how to create, convert, and place tables into InDesign, then learn how to format the table and table cells both locally and more efficiently by using table styles and cell styles.
- Understand how transparency works inside InDesign as it is applied to text, graphics, and native Illustrator files. Learn how to control effects on various objects and text, and how to copy and delete effects.
- Learn how to Preflight your file to ensure there are no errors, Package it so that all of the parts are delivered correctly to the printer, and the best practices for creating a PDF that is Press-Ready.
1. Working with Typography
- Adjusting vertical spacing with leading & a baseline grid
- Inserting glyphs, special characters, and fractions
- Creating a straddle head and balancing columns
- Creating and formatting a drop cap
- Adjusting letter and word spacing; setting tabs
- Adding and formatting a ruling line above a paragraph
2. Working with Styles
- Creating and applying paragraph and character styles
- Nesting character styles inside paragraph styles
- Creating and applying object styles
- Creating and applying table and cell styles
- Copying styles from another document
3. Importing and Modifying Graphics
- Understanding vector and bitmap graphics
- Managing links to imported files
- Updating modified graphics
- Adjusting display quality of images
- Working with clipping paths and alpha channels
- Importing native Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator files
- Creating anchored graphics with text wrap
- Creating and using a Library to manage objects
- Using Adobe Bridge to import graphics
4. Creating Tables
- Converting text to a table
- Adding and deleting rows and columns
- Adding borders, fills, and strokes
- Adjusting row height and column width
- Creating and applying table and cell styles
5. Working with Transparency
- Colorizing a grayscale image
- Applying transparency settings and effects to graphics
- Adjusting transparency in Illustrator files and text
- Working with effects
6. Printing and Exporting
- Preflighting and packaging files
- Creating an Adobe PDF proof
- Previewing separations and transparency effects
- Changing the Screen Mode
- Examining printer settings
- Using the ink manager
7. Creating PDF Files with Form Fields
- Adding Form fields: text, radio buttons, combo box
- Exporting an interactive Adobe PDF file
Virginia: 205 Van Buren Street. Suite 140, Herndon, 20170, United States or Live Online.
Day 1: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Day 2: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Should you need to cancel or reschedule training, click here to view our cancellation policy.
Call or email Nancy Baldwin for more details: 770-945-9466 | email
People who purchased this product also purchased....
This Adobe InDesign training provides you with the knowledge to create, preflight, and publish everything from printed books and brochures to digital magazines, iPad apps, eBooks, and interactive online documents. In this class you will be taught how to use this professional tool by a certified instructor with years of experience in training and production.
InDesign is a powerful design and production application that offers precision, control, and seamless integration with other Adobe professional graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. It has long been the industry standard for publications such as books, magazines, and brochures, and it has now become the industry standard for creating ePubs, interactive PDFs, and interactive magazines that are viewed on tablets such as iPads. InDesign is used by designers, graphic artists, and anyone who wants more control over placing elements on a page.