$795 per person (USD)
Includes a 30 minute consultation with the instructor after training to answer further questions or help with a project
This Adobe InDesign training provides you with the knowledge to create, preflight, and publish everything from printed books and brochures to digital magazines, iPad apps, eBooks, and interactive online documents. In this class you will be taught how to use this professional tool by a certified instructor with years of experience in training and production.
InDesign is a powerful design and production application that offers precision, control, and seamless integration with other Adobe professional graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. It has long been the industry standard for publications such as books, magazines, and brochures, and it has now become the industry standard for creating ePubs, interactive PDFs, and interactive magazines that are viewed on tablets such as iPads. InDesign is used by designers, graphic artists, and anyone who wants more control over placing elements on a page. In this Introduction class, you will learn the basics of InDesign, including:
- An overview to the workspace.
- Set up a document from scratch using multiple master pages, pages of varying sizes, and adding page numbers.
- Understand layers, create and format text and graphic frames, including adding text wrap, changing the shape of frames, and aligning frames.
- Import text from Microsoft Word and flow it into InDesign across threaded text frames.
- Use Find/Change, Spell Check, and Story Editor.
- Create and apply colors, gradients, spot colors, and tints to text and objects.
1. Introducing the Workspace
- Looking at and customizing the workspace
- Working with panels and tools
- Changing the magnification of a document
- Navigating through a multipage document
2. Getting to Know InDesign
- Preflighting as you work
- Viewing guides
- Adding and formatting text
- Working with styles, graphics, and objects
3. Setting Up a Document and Working with Pages
- Creating a new document
- Working with master pages and applying master pages to document pages
- Adding, rearranging, and deleting document pages
- Changing the size and orientation of pages
- Using sections to change the format of the page numbers
- Placing text and graphics on document pages
- Overriding master page items on document pages
4. Working with Objects
- Working with layers
- Creating and modifying text and graphic frames
- Adding metadata captions to graphics frames
- Placing and linking graphics frames
- Changing the shape of a frame
- Wrapping text around a graphic
- Transforming and aligning objects
- Working with grouped objects
5. Flowing Text
- Flowing text into existing frames
- Creating text frames while placing text
- Flowing text manually, semi-automatically, and
- Creating threaded frames
- Resizing text frames manually and automatically
- Adding a jump line page number
6. Editing Text
- Finding and changing a missing font
- Finding and changing text and formatting
- Check spelling
- Using the story editor
- Tracking changes
7. Working with Color
- Managing Color
- Adjusting display quality of images
- Defining printing requirements
- Creating and applying colors to text and objects
- Working with gradients, spot colors, and tints
- Creating a dashed line
Virginia: 205 Van Buren Street. Suite 140, Herndon, 20170, United States or Live Online
Day 1: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Day 2: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
Should you need to cancel or reschedule training, click here to view our cancellation policy.
Call or email Leah Mooney for more details: 770-945-9466 Ext: 114 | email