What We Do
We deliver Instructonal Design expertise to create classroom, virtual classroom, and e-leaerning courses for workplace performance and compliance.
Adult Learning Theory Applied
We apply adult learning strategies like andragogy to engage learners with activities and experiences. This approach fosters self-motivation, awareness of support materials, and emotional connection with instruction, which enable the development of new skills and knowledge.
Our knowledge mapping process extracts the right knowledge and creative input from your subject matter experts. This process may include:
- Mind mapping sessions
Our method ensures the collection of all relevant resources, the establishment of learning objectives and outcomes, and stakeholder buy-in.
Our instructional developers use scenario-based learning methods to create activities that are relevant and engaging to learners. We make sure our interactions present plausible case information and encourage the learner to explore outcomes associated with different decisions and options. Through self-directed exploration, learners develop deeper comprehension and motivation to discover additional information by engaging with others on the subject. The image below is an example of an instructional path model used to visualize the flow of a scenario-based learning experience.
Our HTML5 adaptive quiz engine...
- Organizes and selects questions based on level of Bloom's Taxonomy (or other difficulty scales) and learning objectives.
- Allots students a set number of attempts to demonstrate competency at the various difficulty levels within each objective.
- Offers feedback that includes remedial materials and statistics on performance by level and objective.
- Tracks results for formative evaluation, a key aspect of the ADDIE model.
We use assessments in a variety of ways to make our adaptive assessments as efficient and painless as possible.
- Pre-tests show learners where to improve their knowledge or allow them to test out
- Knowledge check questions within courses reinforce concepts and measure retention
- Post-tests record assessment performance data to the LMS database for reporting purposes