You are here
How to Display a Streaming Video in Lectora
Video is becoming a popular way to express learning concepts in e-learning courses. Streaming the video from sources like YouTube and Vimeo helps deal with the challenges of storing and serving up the large video files. Although there are some built-in options in Lectora to handle YouTube videos, incorporating videos from other services like Vimeo are not as obvious. Here are some quick steps you can use to do just that.
- Add an HTMLM Extension to the page.
- Click the Edit icon on the Properties tab.
- Paste the embed code into the dialog and clock OK.
- Note: Be sure that you embed code starts and ends with an open and close iframe tag respectively. You may need to remove part of the embed code provided by Vimeo that starts with “<p>” and ends with a “</p>”.
- Size the HTML Extension object to be the size of your video.
- Preview your work in a web browser as the regular Preview option may not work